Friday 18 April 2008

Name that space

I have been plugging away at the west of Hull. I think that what I would call west Hull is completed to my first-pass standard. Roads are drawn and named, obvious amenities such as pubs, schools churches, sports fields and the like are added. I'm now working towards north Hull, which I don't know well.

The OSM mailing lists are busy as always and, as happens, some chap has popped up with suggestions that make me cringe. He seems to think that namespaces are the best thing ever and seems to want to change everything to use them. I think he thinks that namespaces add structure to the database but I think it adds complexity without any benefit.

Still, I expect that he'll get bored and move on, I just hope he's a bit more relaxed when he's climbing.

No comments: